Experience Facing History
- Sixty years ago, Emmett Till’s murder helped spur the Civil Rights Movement. Bring this key moment in American History into your classroom.
- Take your next professional development with Facing History, and discover strategies for your classroom that engage and inspire. Register now for fall and winter courses. We've got in-person or online options to fit your busy schedule.
- As you get your classroom ready, plan to create an environment for deep, democratic learning with these eight components of a reflective classroom.
- “[Reconstruction is] a story of how ordinary people facing very difficult odds tried to create a better society.” —American Historian Eric Foner
- “I often wonder what students remember once they have left my Facing History classroom. I have found that the best way to find out is to ask them.” - Ben Gross, Grade 11 Teacher.