Are you looking to improve student achievement by creating a school community that centers equity, social emotional learning, & civic education?
Our new whole-school partnership model for middle and high schools, Schools Where We Belong, is designed to help you make your vision a reality.
What Partnership Looks Like
We can help you create transformational, systemic change in your school’s approach to teaching, learning, and working together.
This flexible two-year partnership includes:
- Leadership development and support for continuous improvement
- Two all-faculty learning experiences
- Professional learning & coaching for ELA and Social Studies teachers
- High-quality instructional materials for a range of courses and subject areas
Wondering if a Schools Where We Belong partnership is right for you?
Schedule a one-on-one call to learn more.
Your School + Facing History = Meaningful Transformation
Our approach, backed by decades of evidence, integrates student-centered teaching practices throughout school culture and curriculum.
When you engage with Facing History through our Schools Where We Belong model we will work with you to:
- Implement our unique school culture survey to gain understanding of your school’s needs and challenges.
- Analyze your survey results and outline the roadmap for support and professional learning for all faculty.
- Share full access to our robust online training library and all of our digital teaching resources.
- Facilitate one all-faculty professional learning experience and identify ideal professional development pathways for Social Studies and ELA educators, including group seminars and a series of one-hour competency-based coaching sessions.
Support for School Leaders
Other ways to engage with us
In addition to Schools Where We Belong we offer a number of specialized professional learning packages for whole-schools and districts. All of our offerings combine classroom materials with aligned content-based professional learning focused on Facing History’s pedagogy and core case studies. Offerings are available in-person, online, or in blended format.
Contact us to learn more
Email us today
See our current Partner Schools
Our current Partner Schools Network includes over 100 schools and reaches over 40,000 students. As part of this network, schools embrace Facing History's core themes as foundational to their schools' mission and weave Facing History content and teaching strategies throughout the school community. Learn more.
Donate now and together we'll build a better world
You might also be interested in…
Teaching Red Scarf Girl
Teaching for Equity and Justice in the Context of Jewish Education
Begin 2023 by Exploring Identity and Belonging with Facing History
A New Approach to Teaching To Kill a Mockingbird
All Community Read: Introducing Judy Heumann’s Being Heumann and Rolling Warrior
Voices of the Holocaust: Boston Workshop
Voices of the Holocaust: Los Angeles Workshop
Introduction to Facing History’s Approach to Teaching US History: A Mini-Workshop