Stories have the power to transform the way young people see themselves and others. Listen to a conversation with award-winning literacy and equity expert Dr. Kimberly Parker, co-founder of #DisruptTexts and Director of the Crimson Summer Academy at Harvard University. Explore the process of choosing texts with a focus on equity and voice, as well as creating classroom spaces for exploring literature through a critical and ethical lens.
- Featured Collection: Coming of Age in a Complex World
- Website: #DisruptTexts
- Unit Planning Toolkit: Choose a Coming-of-Age Text
- Teaching Strategy: Life Road Maps
- Curriculum Outlines: Developing Student Voice, Character and Civic Agency
- Study Guide Series: Witnesses to History
- Featured Collection: Teaching Mockingbird