Bring Us to Your School or District
Let Facing History work with you to develop a tailored program to meet the needs of your school or district.
Are you interested in
- Improving the quality of teaching?
- Integrating culturally responsive teaching practices?
- Building a framework for safe and inclusive school culture?
- Improving classroom climate in order to promote student engagement and academic learning?
- Providing civic and humanities education that increases college preparedness?
Facing History offers a proven model. Our staff of education professionals can work with you to customize an approach based on your time, goals, and budget, ranging from an introductory afterschool workshop on Facing History’s approach to a multi-year school- or district-wide initiative.
Our Customized Services
- Content-based professional development focused on Facing History’s pedagogy and core case studies (available in-person, online, or blended), designed to build student engagement, literacy, and historical thinking skills
- A framework for integrating intellectual rigor, emotional engagement, and ethical reflection into social studies, history, and English language arts (ELA) classrooms
- All-staff professional development designed to help define the values and civic engagement of the school community and develop a shared vocabulary
- Follow-up support and coaching
- Administrator consulting on civic education and social-emotional learning in the context of state and national standards
- Resources for student advisory programs and support for student leadership groups
- Assistance with service learning projects and community engagement
Learn More About Our Custom Services
Send your questions to Molly Schen, Director, Program Growth & North America Project at [email protected].
Visit Transforming Schools to find out more about our schoolwide model.