How to Register
- Review the offerings in the Professional Development calendar to find events that interest you. If you already have a FacingHistory.org profile (a user name and password), please log in. This will make registration fast and easy. If you don't have a user name and profile yet, you can create one as you register; it's quick, free and easy.
- Click on the seminar, course, or workshop you are interested in to submit an online application. The application form walks you through the application process. No application is needed for webinars.
- We are able to offer many events for free. Webinars and community events are usually offered at no cost.
- Some professional development trainings have both an event fee and a registration fee. Those fees will be listed on the first screen of the event.
- For events that have costs, we are sometimes able to help you find assistance through grants or scholarships. In some cases, costs will be covered by a school, school district, a grant-funded project or other special arrangement. Please fill out an application to find out more.
- When you register for professional development events that have a fee, you will be able to select from different payment options as you fill out the application form. We accept payment via credit card or check before the event begins.
- When the cost will be covered by a school, school district, a grant-funded project or other special arrangement, you'll be able to chose those options as your complete the application form.
Help with Costs
- Often, our training is at no cost to educators, other times we can help you find assistance through grants.
- Applications for financial aid via grant or scholarship can be filled out as you are completing the seminar application, including the option to apply for scholarships or indicate that a school or school district will pay, where these options apply.
Acceptance to Workshops, Seminars, and Courses
- Once you submit an application, you will receive follow-up emails to let you know the status of your application--watch your inbox!
- At the top of every page of the website, you will see a "My Profile" link. Click on My Profile, and look for My Events: all upcoming events for which you are registered will be listed here. This gives you an easy way to find your event information again once you are signed up.
Most workshops have a registration fee. If you are unable to attend a workshop, and let us know at least 48 hours before the workshop, Facing History will issue a refund for the registration fee. Some events have an unrefundable registration fee and these are noted on the event listing.
Seminars have a registration fee as well as an event fee. If you are unable to attend a seminar, and let us know at least 48 hours before the seminar, Facing History will refund the entire amount (registration fee and the event fee). If you notify us with less than 48 hours notice, we will refund the event fee only. After the first day of a seminar, no refunds will be provided for a cancellation.
Becoming a Member of the Facing History Educator Network
Many of our online resources are accessible to all educators. As a visitor to our site, you'll find a broad selection of pages, tools, media, lessons, and stories that we offer to all. Copies of many of our publications are also available as free PDFs that you can download right away, simply by creating a basic account under Create My Profile.
However, to gain access to all of our streaming video, to our free lending library of books and DVDs, and to ongoing coaching and support from Facing History staff, you must attend a seminar or a qualifying workshop, either face-to-face or online. Workshop descriptions specify which workshops are qualifying events.
Get in Touch
If you have questions about this process, please get in touch with us at any time.