How does society rebuild after extraordinary division and trauma, when the ideals and values of democracy are most vulnerable? Hear how Facing History & Ourselves and Dr. Hasan Kwame Jeffries, Associate Professor of History at The Ohio State University and scholar of African American history and contemporary Black politics examine the way the Reconstruction Era is remembered and the impact of its various legacies in contemporary society.
- Podcast: Teaching Hard History
- TedX Talk: Dr. Jeffries, Why We Must Confront the Painful Parts of US History
- Featured Collection: The Reconstruction Era and the Fragility of Democracy
- Lesson: Violence and Backlash
- Op-Ed: Teaching America's Complicated History