Effective Immediately, Facing History professional development for educators in the Denver and Rocky Mountain region will be provided through our North America Project (NAP), which has worked with educators, schools and districts throughout the United States for over a decade. Heather Frazier—who has served educators, administrators, and community members in the Denver area and beyond, in Colorado, Wyoming, and New Mexico for the past 12 years—has transitioned into a new role in Facing History’s Chicago office as a key member of the team supporting a district-wide social studies curriculum project in Chicago Public Schools.
The North America Project’s Director is Molly Schen. Molly has been with Facing History since 2005; she has experience as a high school English teacher, assistant superintendent, school start-up organizer, professor of teaching methods, and leadership coach. She leads a highly experienced team of program staff, and co-directs Facing History’s Partner Schools Network.
For questions or for further information about the offerings of the North America Project, please contact Molly at [email protected] or 617-735-1650.
More About the North America Project in the Denver Area
Services provided by Facing History’s North America Project especially for Denver and Rocky Mountain area schools include:
- Denver-area Workshops: Heather and the NAP team will be working with Denver Public Schools and with Jeffco Public Schools in Fall 2018.
- Additional fee for service workshops: Please contact Molly Schen to discuss pricing and proposals.
- Online webinars and courses designed to build student engagement, literacy, and historical thinking skills.
- Follow-up support and coaching through our virtual Educator Support function. Select “Educator Support” via the Contact Us form.
- News and updates in the North America Project Digest for information about our newest resources as soon as they are available.
- Scholarships to attend Facing History seminars or online courses--just for Denver and Rocky States educators--thanks to a generous donor.