This resource provides the opportunity for a multimedia approach to teaching the history and legacies of the Armenian Genocide and the challenges of responding to crimes against humanity. It raises important questions about our responsibilities to others as individuals and members of groups and nations.
The kit includes:
- Crimes Against Humanity and Civilization: The Genocide of the Armenians resource book and companion DVD
- Crimes Against Humanity and Civilization: The Genocide of the Armenians lesson plans with ideas for using the resource book and other materials in the kit
- The Genocide in Me (DVD, 53 minutes): a personal journey by a young Canadian-Armenian filmmaker
- The Armenian Genocide (DVD, 60 minutes): examination of what happened and why
- Near East Relief historic poster
- The 1915 Armenian Genocide in the Turkish Empire (map)