Engaging with current events is an essential part of educating young people to be informed and humane participants in a democracy. This 30-minute webinar introduces you to Facing History’s current events resources including our Educator Guide, Teaching Ideas on specific topics, and adaptable strategies. These resources are designed to foster thoughtful classroom conversations and build your students’ capacities for critical thinking, emotional engagement, ethical reflection, and civic agency.
- Featured Collection: Current Events in Your Classroom
- Featured Collection: Establishing Opening and Closing Routines
- Publication: Teaching Current Events: Educator Guide
- Explainer: Political Polarization in the United States
- PDF: Fostering Civil Discourse: How Do We Talk About Issues That Matter?
- Podcast: Poetry Unbound
- Framework: CASEL