A CONVENIENT HATRED
The History of Antisemitism
By Phyllis Goldstein
Foreword by Sir Harold Evans
- What personal or professional reflections have you experienced during this workshop?
- What connections can be made to other Facing History resources?
- How do you receive your certificate of completion?
- How can you continue to be connected with Facing History and Ourselves?
- What need do conspiracies fill in a society?
- Why do conspiracy theories persist despite efforts to debunk them?
- What keeps the blood libel myth alive?
- Why are these libels convenient?
- Why does a myth continue to persist even after it has been exposed as fraudulent?
- How did the blood libel myth change in a different age?
- How and why does a myth become part of a culture?
- Why do human societies divide so easily into “We” and “They”?
- How does history inform our understanding of hatreds and why they persist?
- What is at stake for a society when minorities are vulnerable to persecution, discrimination, and injustice?