5 Facts About Angel Island and Ellis Island, 1910-1940
This reading outlines 5 Facts About Angel Island and Ellis Island from 1910-1940.
- Location: New York Harbor
- Immigrants processed: 19 million
- Number rejected: 1.2 million
- Percentage rejected: 6%
- Average length of stay: 1 day
- Location: San Francisco Bay
- Immigrants processed: 150,000
- Number rejected: 50,000
- Percentage rejected: 33%
- Average length of stay: 2-3 weeks
Source: US Immigration and Naturalization Service
Facing History & Ourselves, "5 Facts About Angel Island and Ellis Island, 1910-1940," last updated January 12, 2023.
This reading contains text not authored by Facing History & Ourselves. See footnotes for source information.