How did ideas about race and racism become part of the American social and political fabric? What is unique about discussing this history in a Jewish educational context? Core to Facing History and Ourselves is the examination of themes related to identity and membership. In this webinar, we examine the historical legacy of racism and its challenging realities in our contemporary lives, and help teachers acquire tools for facilitating discussion on this topic within Jewish educational settings.
- Teaching Idea: Coronavirus: Protect Yourself and Stand Against Racism
- Teaching Idea: Why is the Coronavirus Disproportionately Impacting Black Americans?
- Podcast: As Coronavirus Spreads, Racism And Xenophobia Are Too (NPR)
- Video: The Ancient Roots of Anti-Judaism
- Reading: Anti-Judaism Before the Enlightenment