Although the history of antisemitism can be traced back to ancient times, its presence in schools and curricula can often be hard to recognize. Listen to Mr. Arthur Ullian discuss his childhood experiences as the only Jewish student in the elite prep schools he attended, exploring how the challenges he faced can help inform and support educators who want to affirm the dignity of every student in their schools. Educators will also learn about tools and resources to teach about the history and contemporary realities of antisemitism in ways that center student experience and foster civic agency.
- Lesson: Navigating Jewish American Identity
- Blog: Responding to Contemporary Antisemitism in the Classroom
- Unit: Teaching Holocaust and Human Behavior
- Book: A Convenient Hatred: The History of Antisemitism
- Book: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John... and Me: Growing Up Jewish in a Christian World by Arthur Ullian