In this one-hour webinar you will gain ideas, inspiration, and resources for how to mark Holocaust Memorial Day. This session will provide you with classroom-ready practical materials and teaching strategies that will support your students' intellectual and emotional engagement with the Holocaust, and will focus on stories of resistance and courage. In addition to engaging with historical case studies, the resources will enable your students to make connections to the world today and think about how they can be Upstanders against hate and injustice.
- Video: Facing History Scholar Reflections: Bystanders & Resisters
- Reading: Universe of Obligation
- Handout: Universe of Obligation Graphic Organiser
- Handout: The Range of Human Behaviour Vocabulary Terms
- Reading: Deciding to Act
- Reading: Le Chambon: A Village Takes a Stand
- Video: Weapons of the Spirit
- Reading: Denmark: A Nation Takes Action
- Handout: Perpetrators, Bystanders, Upstanders and Rescuers
- Teaching Strategy: Identity Charts
- Teaching Strategy: Jigsaw: Developing Community and Disseminating Knowledge
- Unit: Teaching Holocaust and Human Behaviour
- Lesson: How Should We Remember?