How do we talk about issues that matter? In a year that has been marked by the COVID-19 pandemic, nationwide protests for racial justice, and sharp partisan divisions during an election, how we have discussions in the classroom is more important than ever. During this webinar, we discuss ways to critically examine your identity as an educator, examine teaching strategies to build community and trust, and share methods to facilitate reflective conversations.
- PDF: Fostering Civil Discourse: How Do We Talk About Issues That Matter?
- Resource: Establishing Opening and Closing Routines
- PDF: Start With Yourself: Reflection Prompts & Action Steps
- Resource Collection: Back to School 2020: Building Community for Connection and Learning
- Reading: Invitation to Brave Space
- Teaching Strategy: Journals in a Remote Learning Environment
- Teaching Strategy: Identity Charts
- Lesson: Exploring Where I'm From