Explore teaching strategies and flexible resources designed to help you begin getting to know your students as individuals and facilitating the process of creating an open, supportive, and reflective classroom community. In addition, we model classroom routines that teachers can implement from day one to support effective learning and meaningful engagement with contemporary issues and concerns. Using a trauma-informed approach—predictability, flexibility, connection, and empowerment—these routines not only support students who have faced trauma this spring and summer, but are also a key component of developing students’ social–emotional learning (SEL) competencies.
- Featured Collection: Back to School 2020: Building Community for Connection and Learning
- Unit: Back-to-School Toolkit
- Blog: Trauma-Informed Teaching in Action: An Expert Interview
- Reading: An Invitation to Brave Space
- Series: Write. Rite. Right. (Library of Congress)