We know that many schools and educators are committed to:
- Encouraging deep academic learning
- Meeting the social and emotional needs of adolescent learners
- Teaching democratic values while also fostering civic skills and knowledge
- Centering equity to address academic engagement and achievement
Join us for our Explorations workshop and experience Facing History's approach to professional learning, learn more about the principles behind Facing History’s programs and approach, and hear about ways we can help you meet your goals and transform your school.
This online learning experience will offer resources designed to support educational leaders working to improve school culture, deepen academic engagement, and build schools where every student and every teacher feel that they belong.
“This workshop far exceeded my expectations and opened my eyes to the possibility of so much more for the students in my district.” — Explorations Participant
Workshop participants will:
- Experience Facing History's approach to professional learning, including reflecting on their identity and practice while building positive relationships with fellow school and district leaders.
- Explore how Facing History integrates social-emotional learning, equity, and civic education through rigorous academics to meet the needs of adolescent learners and improve student outcomes.
- Build shared understanding with colleagues of how Facing History could help meet their school or district's goals.
“After experiencing this workshop, I believe Facing History can bring our [school] community into a new age of deeper understanding and openness about very difficult subjects to approach.” — Explorations Participant
What’s Included in Explorations: One-day online workshop for school leaders. Design teams of up to 6 people are especially encouraged to join. The workshop is followed by a planning meeting with a Facing History staff member.
The cost of the workshop has been covered by generous funding from Facing History & Ourselves donors and partner organizations.
Friday, January 26, 2024 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. ET/8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (see in your time zone)
Workshop Time Commitment: Approximately 4 hours (includes breaks)
Workshop Format: Facilitated Zoom meeting
Accessibility: Facing History is committed to creating and maintaining a welcoming and inclusive educational environment for educators of all abilities. If you have an accessibility need, please contact us at support [at] facinghistory.org (support[at]facinghistory[dot]org). If possible, requests should be made at least two weeks in advance. Please note: we will make every effort to secure services, but all are subject to availability.
Can’t make this date? Explorations will also be offered later this year: