About this event:
Our single professional learning sessions are designed to easily fit into your day. Typically one hour or less, these sessions explore timely and relevant topics including teaching strategies, current events, and more.
This professional learning event is self-paced and will be delivered virtually. When you register, you will receive instructions for how access and participate in the event.
This event qualifies for Certificate of Completion.
Watch a recording of a very special discussion with Jennifer De Leon, author of the young adult novel Don’t Ask Me Where I’m From, a Junior Library Guild selection. The conversation explored questions of identity and belonging in literature and in life, shared insights into Jennifer's young adult novel and her writing process, and provided guidance for how teachers can center students’ identities and experiences through literature and critical dialogue in their classrooms.
- Coming-of-Age Unit Planning Toolkit
- ELA Newsletter: What’s the Word
- Teaching Enrique's Journey
- Teaching Night
- Two Names, Two Worlds
- Voices From the Middle - At Home on the Page by Jennifer De Leon.pdf
- Speech: Randy Ribay at 2019 ALAN Workshop
- Patron Saints of Nothing Discussion Guide.pdf