Facing History had the challenging task of choosing two educators from 12 finalist projects to work with us on promoting their project to educators everywhere. Explore our two grand finalists below! Stay tuned to see their final lessons—debuting this spring—so you can use them in your own classroom!
Catherine Epstein, Meridian Academy - Boston, MA
- How can citizens of the same country have different perceptions of that country?
- How do our identities shape our values?
- What assumptions do others make about us – and do we make about others – based on identity?
- How can we use our assumptions to generate curiosity?
Jackson Westenskow of High Point Academy - Aurora, CO
- What is empathy? How can empathy help a group (community, society) achieve a goal?
- How can empathy improve communication?