Registration open for educatoes grades 6-12.
Facing History and Ourselves is proud to be part of The Soraya's 8th Annual Summer Arts Institute with a focus this year on Violins of Hope. Explore how arts can be a powerful partner to share the voices lost and reclaimed after the Holocaust through musical instruments.
- experience an integrated arts education approach to teaching this history
- learn the historical context for understanding the Holocaust specifically as it applies to Violins of Hope
- explore themes of resilience, voice, memory, and legacy
- meet Niv Ashkenazi, artist in residence who plays one of the historic violins
- gain access to an in-school workshop for their students with The Soraya and Niv Ashkenazi
- have special priority to bring studetns to a FREE student matinee in March 2020 with Violins of Hope
REGISTRATION is free, please contact Dr. Anthony Cantrell ([email protected]) to RSVP and reserve you spot. Space is limited!