Facing History and Ourselves invites your school to participate in the upcoming Teaching the Reconstruction Era and the Fragility of Democracy for high school U.S. History educators, as part of the Chicago Public Schools Curriculum Project. Learn more here.
How does society rebuild after extraordinary division and trauma, when the ideals and values of democracy are most vulnerable? We will explore this significant period in U.S. history, when Americans were faced with the challenge of restoring a nation amid the social and political upheaval of the Civil War.
Schools participating in the project will receive:
- Two days of professional development to prepare educators to implement the units
- Substitute coverage during workshop days
- Classroom resources for each participant, including a resource book, 5-week unit plan with C3-aligned summative assessment and informed action task
- Student guides and journals for each student (available in Spanish)
- Access to Facing History’s lending library including writing strategies and related streaming video and multimedia.
Email [email protected] to receive your school’s registration link.