Our new Teaching Strategies PDF collates a selection of strategies that appear frequently in our resources. Each strategy has a rationale and procedure for use, as well as an icon to facilitate student recall. To help you in choosing the right strategy, they have been coded in the following way:
- Creating a Reflective Classroom Community (RCC)
- Developing Knowledge and Understanding (KU)
- Fostering Critical Engagement and Critical Thinking (CECT)
- Developing Oracy and Listening Skills (OL)
- Facilitating the Sharing of Ideas (SI)
At their core, all the strategies work towards creating a safe classroom space in which students feel respected, are able to learn from each other, and are encouraged to excel academically. Designed to support educators in the United Kingdom teaching History, Citizenship, PSHE, RS and English, this resource offers a variety of classroom strategies to develop critical thinking and communication skills, model democracy in the classroom, and empower students to become active, responsible citizens.