2013-14 Facing History and Ourselves In-Depth Program Grant
Educators and administrators, are you looking to
If so, Facing History and Ourselves can help!
Facing History is currently accepting applications for grants that will provide professional development and teaching materials valued at more than $10,000. Apply today! Deadline is Monday, March 25.
Winning schools will receive:
- Attendance at a five day New York regional Facing History and Ourselves summer seminar for one to four staff members (ordinarily $700 per teacher).
- A class set of Facing History resource books for each teacher who attends a seminar and agrees to bring the curriculum to his or her class ($750 value per class set).
- Access to our supplementary Common Core literacy guides and professional development to incorporate their use.
- Access to Facing History’s lending library, an extensive collection of resources for classroom use including DVDs, videotapes, multimedia resources, class sets of books, and other materials. Access to a global network of educators.
- Year-long consultation/support service from Facing History, including the possibility of in-service professional development workshops at your school (valued at $2,300 per day).
- The possibility to reapply and extend this grant to deepen the partnership with Facing History in succeeding years.
Interested in applying? Click here to access the application; a complete submission is due Monday, March 25. You may be contacted by a Facing History staff member for a phone interview following your submission. Grantees will be selected and notified by late April.
Questions about this grant? Please contact Justine Ambrose at 212-992-7392 or Justine_Ambrose@facing.org.